A few reasons why these stuffed peppers are a perfect, easy summer dinner:
1. Simple ingredients so no running to the store
2. I made them in the morning and put them in the fridge so that I just stuck them in the oven and had dinner on the table in 15 minutes. (They are also delicious left over so make a few extras!)
3. They are clean and guilt-free so no worrying about feeling bloated in swim suits the next day
4. You can vary the spiciness and toppings based on what you have on hand. Corn? Beans? Jalapeños? Throw them in!
5. Yum! I love taco anything and these live up!
Taco Quinoa Stuffed Peppers
2-3 Large Green Peppers
1 Cup Quinoa
1 1/2 Cup Ground Beef, browned and seasoned
1/4 Cup Salsa (I used Frontera medium)
Cheese, sour cream, guacamole (Toppings if desired)
Brown beef and season with taco seasoning.
Pre-heat oven to 400.
Mix quinoa, beef, and salsa in a large bowl.
Cut the tops off of green peppers. Fill with taco mixture. Top with cheese, if desired.
Bake for 12-18 minutes until peppers are slightly soft.
Top as desired
And this is what it looks like when you are so anxious to eat leftovers, you drop your brand new jar of salsa on the floor and it shatters. ::sigh::